Skip to main content

11.29.15 around 11.30am

I gutta do all my laundry at some point today! I've already booked all my trips for the week! That gave me a few issues completing too! Mainly cause the web site, I believe is not very user friendly also cause my computer decided to use a browser I don't usually use for this but it's done :)! I slept well last night that's cause I got off in to dream land dreaming about all the great hockey players I had the opportunity to either play with or against! The most notable would be Rod Langway! He was a bit older than I so it was just one youth hockey game! He went on to have a stellar career with the Montreal Canadians, and Dave Silk! Silkee was an Olympic gold medalist on the 1980 US hockey team! But probably the most impressive one I ever played with was Kyle Viecht this guy me speed than anyone I ever played with or against! He actually could fly on ice! Then in high school there was Mike Breen! His advantage was his family owned Cohasset winter gardens, The local rink growing up in Scituate. He had a lot of speed too but he was big! Kyle broke both his legs in a car accident in high school and was never able to reach his full potential :(! Then I got in to adult senior leagues! I was just playing pick up hockey at Cwg when another player said I should put together a team and join him in a senior league in Pembroke Ma! I can't remember that team ever amounting to much but I had fun! Obviously my leadership skills were noticed and that helped me expand these skills even more! Then I moved on to getting a team in the Hingham senior league in this league I was able to make a major personal find! I got Jamie Kelly to play for me! He was a little younger than I so I had never played with him before but this was a team I had gotten the owner of the place I was working at the time to sponsor! We won the league championship the last year I ran the team too riding on Jamie's back but we all contributed in one way or another! I'd have to say looking back Jamie was the best of the best! He got drafted by the Montreal Canadians only to play for Pat Burns who later was the coach of the Canadians but at this point was coaching in the farm system! He cause of Jamie's size wanted him to be a tough guy on the ice, a police man so to speak! Jamie had way too much talent to have to do that so he never made it to the NHL but given different circumstances I'm sure he could have! Then I got older and could no longer keep up with the 18-20 year olds so I got on an over 30 team, the Varmints! I think we won the league championship the last year I played too but then I started my career with Giant Glass and working for Giant I had to be right on top of my game! I couldn't have a hockey hangover! I didn't get hurt that much playing either except one time while playing in the over 30 team a guy backhanded the puck right in to my face! We had a doctor playing with us who looked and said "better go get stiches"! I was playing at Quincy youth arena so I went to Quincy hospital and got stitched up! Now I think Ed threw away all my hockey stuff including a $300 pair of skates! My old jerseys too :(!



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fenway tour

Me and my scooter at the tour of fenway park :)

7.29.18 after 11.30pm

My card got refused again today! They say now they've gutta snail mail me a new pin. Now I have to WAIT for the snail mail but they say it can still be used as a credit card. This sux cause I used up all my cash, I'm cashless!

7.10,18 close to 7pm

I've been to hics then right after the dentist! They finally started doing a deep cleaning! A person came in and said we're gonna start with the anasteadic!I said "why, I never had it before for a deep cleaning"!Then the doctor came in and just started scraping my teeth into my gums. I'm supposed  to have this done every year having periodontist disease! They also approved a partial whatever that is so they took impressions too! Now gutta make some dinna!