Skip to main content

3.25.14 after 3pm

I've had a great day so far! Jeff spoke at hics and it was just so so good to listen to a peer! He knew how to make us understand the points he wanted to get across  to us! We knew we were listening to a peer when a few times he lost his train of thought!I think everyone knew then he was a real peer :) !We all have concentration issues and I think that is when all the survivors accepted him as a true tbi survivor! Jeff tried to explain to everyone that even with a head injury you can do anything you want to taking in to account our physical and mental issues!Like me,I couldn't go out and run a road race right now but,I'm not gonna say, I can never again run a road race!We talked how the public perceives us now and Jeff brought up a very good point!Think of what they see, many of us look like anything but disabled! Its much better now, more people are learning about traumatic brain injury and that is a major reason why I use my fb page to try and spread brain injury awareness but yes back in the 60's,70's and 80's no one knew very much about brain injury! You've probably said yourself b4 "oh,just got his bell rung,now they are taking it more seriously just look at the NFL and NHL! Head injuries no matter if mild like a concussion or severe like mine, is not to be taken lightly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fenway tour

Me and my scooter at the tour of fenway park :)

7.29.18 after 11.30pm

My card got refused again today! They say now they've gutta snail mail me a new pin. Now I have to WAIT for the snail mail but they say it can still be used as a credit card. This sux cause I used up all my cash, I'm cashless!

7.10,18 close to 7pm

I've been to hics then right after the dentist! They finally started doing a deep cleaning! A person came in and said we're gonna start with the anasteadic!I said "why, I never had it before for a deep cleaning"!Then the doctor came in and just started scraping my teeth into my gums. I'm supposed  to have this done every year having periodontist disease! They also approved a partial whatever that is so they took impressions too! Now gutta make some dinna!